New Handles for a Drawknife and Chisel.

Friday, February 6, 2015

        A few weeks ago I picked up an old drawknife and chisel blade at an antique shop. they were both in pretty bad shape but the price was right so I couldn't resist. The drawkinfe is a tool I have been keeping my eye out for months, so unless it was completely rusted in half, I was gonna buy it. They were both heavy rusted and after cleaning them both with a wire wheel, they showed promise. The chisel cleaned up nice with no pitting in the steel, the same thing couldn't be said about the drawknife. It was heavily pitted, but for my needs it will serve no issue. For my first attempt at replacing handles in already existing tools, I think I did a pretty good job.  

I wish I would have snapped some pictures of them before I cleaned them up, i'm really bad about keeping my blog in mind when I start a project. Especially when its a small project like this... I'll work on it. I didn't take any pictures of the process I used with the chisel, I really wish I would have because I don't own a wood lathe, and I shaped it by hand. This is something I'm really going to work on. 

I hope you enjoy the post and pictures, and as always Never Stop Creating!

    








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design