Wood Carving Knife

Saturday, January 31, 2015

          Lately I have been playing around with wood carving, and looking in to carving tools,  knives, gouges, draw knifes etc...  At the same time I have also been wanting to try my hand at making a knife, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity. I took a blacksmith class a few years back where I  made a knife from a railroad spike. So even though I have never really tried my hand at knife making since then, I knew the basic principles from the previous class.
 This knife is primarily a wood carving knife, I cloned the design from a Mora 106 knife blade. All in all I thought it turned out pretty good for my first shot out the gate. I made the blade from an old chop saw blade I had laying around, and the handle from some left over oak scraps, the sheath is from some scrap leather. So even though this is knife and sheath are not perfect or works of art, they are functional and serve my desired purpose, and that is what really maters.

I hope you enjoy the post, and as always never stop creating!
Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design